Criminal Defense Attorney
Being charged with a crime can be the most stressful experience of one's life, and having an experienced criminal defense attorney to provide legal representation in the initial stages of a criminal case is critical. Our firm provides complete representation, and we are not afraid of going to trial when necessary. In fact, many other law firms hire the Law Offices of Adam M. Thompson, P.C. to try their criminal defense cases for them. Our trial record is outstanding, with one of the highest win percentages nationally.
What should I do if I am arrested? Click here for more information.
Cases We Handle:
- Drug Offenses - Drug crimes can range in severity from misdemeanor possession to crimes that carry a life sentence. If you have been arrested or are under investigation for any drug offense, you should contact us immediately to preserve your rights. We handle all types of drug offenses including possession, distribution, cultivation, manufacturing, and importation.
- Violent Crimes - Violent crimes include those such as murder, assault, aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon, and battery. The key to a successful violent crime defense is mastery of the complexities of the legal definitions of intent. We possess that expertise, and we can help you set forth the best defense possible to maximize your chances of acquittal.
- Driving While Intoxicated - If you are facing drunk driving or drug charges, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney making sure your constitutional rights are protected. We have extensive experience representing people arrested or charged with all types of driving offenses such as drunk driving (DWI). We have not lost a DWI trial in 20 years - every client has either been acquitted or had the charges reduced.
- White Collar Crimes - White-collar crime involves nonviolent criminal activity such as fraud, bribery, and embezzlement. These types of crimes may be charged as state crimes. Oftentimes these types of offenses are more serious if they are charged as federal crimes such as mail fraud, bank fraud, securities fraud, conspiracy, or embezzlement of government funds, false statements involving federal investigations or in the receipt of federal benefits or administration of programs involving federal benefits. If you are charged with a white-collar crime, we are the experienced attorneys you need by your side.
- Burglary / Theft - Burglary and theft are serious charges. Punishments for individuals accused of burglary and theft can vary greatly, often due to the defenses established by the defendant's lawyer. We have a high degree of experience in representing people accused of burglary or theft, and we know the proper defenses to make on your behalf.
- Domestic Violence - If you have been arrested for or charged with domestic violence, you need to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney right away. These crimes are aggressively prosecuted, and even if the victim tells the court and prosecutor they do not wish to press charges, the case will not be dismissed. Jail time is routinely sought even in first offense or non-injury cases. We will provide you with aggressive representation to ensure your rights are protected.
- Felonies - We provide effective counsel to clients charged with any type of felony, such as arson, armed violence, carjacking, escape, kidnapping, and terrorist threats.
- Misdemeanors - A misdemeanor is a crime normally punishable by less than a year in a jail. We are experienced in the defense of all types of misdemeanors, including criminal property charges, disorderly conduct, obstruction of justice, perjury, probation violations, resisting arrest, trespassing, and weapons charges.
If you have been accused of a crime in New York State or New Jersey, the Law Offices of Adam M. Thompson, P.C. is ready to defend you. Our experienced New York City criminal defense attorneys will make sure you receive the best representation possible. Contact us now by calling 855-497-2326 or by filling out our online contact form.
Criminal Cases In the News
Murder Case—Suspects Nabbed In City Shooting
Rape Case—New Rape Rap Hits a Hurting Safety Division
Credit Card Fraud Case—Ozone Park Crowd Arrested In Credit Card Scam
Rape Case—School Safety Officer Charged in Queens Rape
Embezzlement Case—Gamble $hambles
Criminal Case—Appellate Term
Multiple Robberies-Charges in 17 Robberies
Multiple Robberies-Tipster Helps Cops Bust Man Linked to 18 City Robberies
Arrested? Hurt in Accident?
Get Help 24/7
- Am I Allowed to Represent Myself in My New York DWI Case? Why Should I Hire an Attorney?
- Can I Do a Treatment Program in New York City?
- Can I Use Mouthwash to Avoid DWI in New York City?
- Can the Police Search Your Home Without a Warrant in New York?
- Do You Know Your Rights?
- Do You Need a Lawyer before You're Charged?
- DWI Stop -- How Do I Respond When Asked If I Have Been Drinking?
- Free Report: Who will be on the Jury for my Criminal Jury Trial in New York?
- Free Report: Are You Eligible for Drug Court in New York?
- Free Report: Constructive Possession in New York - What It Is and Why It Matters
- Holiday DWI Checkpoints in New York
- How Can I Get Evidence Thrown Out or Suppressed in New York?
- How Can You Defend Someone You Know Is Guilty?
- How Long Can I Go to Jail for Selling Drugs in New York?
- How Much Will a DWI Lawyer Cost in New York City?
- How Often Do Medical Errors Occur?
- If a Police Officer Asks You to Take a Field Sobriety Test What Should You Do?
- I Was Caught Smuggling Drugs – Will I Go to Federal Prison?
- I Was Notified of a Probation Violation Hearing in New York. Do I Need an Attorney?
- My Lawyer Told Me to Refuse the Chemical Test in New York, Is that Right?
- New York Construction Sites Accidents: Fatalities and Safety Violations [Infographic]
- Penalties for Alcohol and Drug-Related Driving Violations in New York [infographic]
- Should I Take a Breathalyzer Test in New York?
- Should I Talk to the Police or Prosecutor after I am Arrested in New York or New Jersey?
- The Crime of Rape in the State of New York
- Top Five Mistakes Defendants Make in a New York DWI Case
- Types of Medical Errors
- What Are Pre-Trial Hearings?
- What Are the Penalties for Possession or Sale of Marijuana in New York?
- What Are the Possible Defenses to a DWI Charge?
- What Are the Possible Defenses to New York Sex Crimes Charges?
- What Are the Possible Defenses to the Sale of Drugs in New York?
- What Are the Possible Penalties for Drug Possession in New York?
- What Are the Possible Penalties for DWI in New York?
- What Behavior and Patterns the Police Look for When Searching Out Intoxicated Drivers
- What If the Police Didn't Read Me My Rights before Arresting Me for DWI in New York?
- What Is a Line-Up and Show Up?
- What Is a Misdemeanor DWI in New York City?
- What Is an Arraignment In New York?
- What Is an Illegal Search in New York?
- What Is a Search and Seizure in New York?
- What Is a Sentence Enhancement in New York?
- What Is a Wrongful Death Case?
- What Is Boating While Intoxicated in New York?
- What Is Constructive Possession?
- What Is the HGN Test?
- What Is the Officer Looking For When the Officer Asks Me to Follow a Pen Light?
- What Is the Punishment for Possession of Cocaine in New York City?
- What Is the Punishment for Possession of Oxycodone in New York City?
- What Takes Place at a Criminal Trial?
- Who Will Be on the Jury for My Criminal Jury Trial in New York?
- Will I Be Drug Tested in Court in New York?