Being charged with a crime can be the most stressful experience of one’s life, and having an experienced criminal defense attorney to provide legal representation in the initial stages of a criminal case is critical. Our firm provides complete representation, and we are not afraid of going to trial when necessary. In fact, many other law firms hire the Law Offices of Adam M. Thompson, P.C. to try their criminal defense cases for them. Our trial record is outstanding, with one of the highest win percentages nationally.
Cases We Handle:
- Drug Offenses – Drug crimes can range in severity from misdemeanor possession to crimes that carry a life sentence. If you have been arrested or are under investigation for any drug offense, you should contact us immediately to preserve your rights. We handle all types of drug offenses including possession, distribution, cultivation, manufacturing, and importation.
- Violent Crimes – Violent crimes include those such as murder, assault, aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon, and battery. The key to a successful violent crime defense is mastery of the complexities of the legal definitions of intent. We possess that expertise, and we can help you set forth the best defense possible to maximize your chances of acquittal.
- Driving While Intoxicated – If you are facing drunk driving or drug charges, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney making sure your constitutional rights are protected. We have extensive experience representing people arrested or charged with all types of driving offenses such as drunk driving (DWI). We have not lost a DWI trial in 20 years – every client has either been acquitted or had the charges reduced.
- White Collar Crimes – White-collar crime involves nonviolent criminal activity such as fraud, bribery, and embezzlement. These types of crimes may be charged as state crimes. Oftentimes these types of offenses are more serious if they are charged as federal crimes such as mail fraud, bank fraud, securities fraud, conspiracy, or embezzlement of government funds, false statements involving federal investigations or in the receipt of federal benefits or administration of programs involving federal benefits. If you are charged with a white-collar crime, we are the experienced attorneys you need by your side.
- Burglary / Theft – Burglary and theft are serious charges. Punishments for individuals accused of burglary and theft can vary greatly, often due to the defenses established by the defendant’s lawyer. We have a high degree of experience in representing people accused of burglary or theft, and we know the proper defenses to make on your behalf.
- Domestic Violence – If you have been arrested for or charged with domestic violence, you need to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney right away. These crimes are aggressively prosecuted, and even if the victim tells the court and prosecutor they do not wish to press charges, the case will not be dismissed. Jail time is routinely sought even in first offense or non-injury cases. We will provide you with aggressive representation to ensure your rights are protected.
- Felonies – We provide effective counsel to clients charged with any type of felony, such as arson, armed violence, carjacking, escape, kidnapping, and terrorist threats.
- Misdemeanors – A misdemeanor is a crime normally punishable by less than a year in a jail. We are experienced in the defense of all types of misdemeanors, including criminal property charges, disorderly conduct, obstruction of justice, perjury, probation violations, resisting arrest, trespassing, and weapons charges.
If you have been accused of a crime in New York State or New Jersey, the Law Offices of Adam M. Thompson, P.C. is ready to defend you. Our experienced New York City criminal defense attorneys will make sure you receive the best representation possible. Contact us now by calling 212-267-2424 or by filling out our online contact form.
Criminal Cases In the News